Join the fun this summer as Explore! jumps into awesome adventures in God’s world and exciting excursions in God’s Word bringing Bible stories to life!
Wednesdays: June 6th, 13th, 20st ,27th,
July 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th
Usual schedule: 9:30 am to 3:30 pm. Our Explore! day begins as we meet at 9:30 am in the Family Life Center Gym at Faith Lutheran Church, 221 Malone Street in Branson (off the round-about by the hospital). We will return here at the end of our day @ 3:30 p.m. Heart-Song leaders can provide transportation for pick-up or return, if necessary.
Each Wednesday will be unique. The day’s schedule will depend on the activities we have lined-up (see the schedule link at the bottom of this page). We’ll often have a morning gathering time, lunch, perhaps at a local park, and then embark on our afternoon exploration.
We encourage and welcome parents and grandparents to participate anytime. Assistance with transportation is always helpful; please discuss this with a Heart-Song leader. Our plan is to have one adult for every three children.
Explore! will be led by caring Heart-Song adults and volunteers.
Who Should Attend: Explore! is for youth of all ages (usually children age 5 and older; however, a 4-year old sibling may attend with an older sibling if mutually agreed upon by Heart-Song leaders and parents/guardians and any age may attend with a parent.) Friends and other families may be invited also, but they must have the activity participation agreement and medical release forms filled out ahead of time.
Each week, individuals must confirm their desire to attend by replying to a text message (from 417-593-6878) sent to ask who is coming.
Two forms (printable BY CLICKING on the names below) are required for all minors prior to attending any Explore! activity:
Explore! Cost: Our summer program is a ministry of Heart-Song Fellowship. There is no cost to participate; but if a family wishes to make a donation toward expenses, that is appreciated. Explore! T-shirts are optional and may be purchased for a nominal cost.
Lunch: Sack lunches are our usual plan. Individuals may bring their own or may make a sandwich lunch from foods that we provide: lunch meat, bread, condiments, chips, cookies, fresh fruit, etc.
Note: There will not be any opportunity for spending money – no convenience or other store purchases, no souvenirs – do not bring money for anything.
Our Agreement for a Great Time at Explore!
- Proper shoes must be worn for hiking – NO flip flops or sandals.
- We will stay together as a group at all times; children never alone.
- Personal property and personal space will be honored by everyone.
- Snacks will only be consumed at snack time; no food will be opened and eaten in vehicles.
- No cell phones, personal video or electronic games, or music devices are to be brought. Explore! is group time. (Our preference is that parents would call Heart-Song leaders should they wish to speak with their children, and children may borrow a Heart-Song leader’s phone should they need to call their parents. Parents, if you desire a different cell-phone plan for your child, simply discuss it with Tim.)
- We will show respect and kindness in our speaking and actions to one another. Some of the character qualities we will encourage and affirm: attentiveness, compassion, cooperation, dedication, enthusiasm, honesty, patience, perseverance, respect, servanthood.
- Everyone must have a labeled, re-fillable water container. When hiking is involved, sun screen, a hat and a small backpack or fanny pack might also be helpful.
Exploring God’s Word activities: Bible Story -- reading, drama or re-telling the story Songs Exploring God’s World adventures: Nature exploration Games Skill learning Crafts Special speakers Hikes
Our goal will be to have fun exploring and learning. Safety will be our chief concern; first aid kits will be available. We will contact parents immediately if any concerns arise that we believe they would want to know about. Unexpected weather might change our plans. We’ll drink plenty of water and rest when needed.
A calendar of each day’s activities will be available here:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: (417) 336-3077, On the web: www.heart-song.org
Tim & Kim Onnen, Heart-Song Leaders